Aged 16 to 18? Not working? Need help to improve your skills and start your career?
If you are not quite ready to be an apprentice then Skills Group’s learn2work programme can help you. Learn2work is a full-time Level 2 programme designed to prepare you for an apprenticeship or employment in a specific industry sector.
Skills Group offers learn2work programmes for:
- Child Care
- Engineering & Automotive
- Hairdressing & Barbering
- Sport & Leisure
Learn2work will give you an overview of the career opportunities available and help to build your skills and knowledge. You will gain hands-on experience in our state-of-the-art training centres with support from our friendly industry specialists. You will then be offered a work placement with a top local employer.
Typically, learn2work will last between 6 and 9 months, and will give you:
- A Level 2 qualification, work experience and a GUARANTEED apprenticeship opportunity
- Industry masterclasses and specialist courses
- Your uniform and/or personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Your training kit
- A travel allowance
- FREE breakfast club
After successfully completing learn2work, you will have achieved:
Plus a GUARANTEED apprenticeship opportunity.
- A Level 2 qualification in your trade area
- Employability Skills Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT
- Health & Safety Certificate
- First Aid Certificate