Skills Group will help you realise your career aspirations in Child Care, whether you are interested in working within a family, nursery, school or community environment.
This programme provides the opportunity for learners to continue in full time education, so if you are aged 16–18 (or 19-24, unemployed and have not yet completed a level 2) this is the qualification for you!
Our full-time programme will help you explore all the different careers you could have in Child Care, and prepare you for employment in this rewarding industry.
Key skills gained from this qualification include:
- The fundamentals of child development
- The well-being requirements for working with children in a variety of settings
- Introduction to childcare and development for children aged 0-5 years
This Level 2 course in Child Care will give you:
- Hands-on experience in our child care learning environment
- Support from qualified child care trainers
- Work experience with local child care settings
- Your essential DBS safe recruitment check (Disclosure & Barring Service)
- Your nursery uniform
- Your travel costs
- Free breakfast club
This Child Care course also includes:
- Paediatric First Aid
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Employability Skills Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT
- Health & Safety Certificate